In the face of the new coronavirus, more and more people realize that they must take the initiative to improve their immunity. Sports fitness is undoubtedly one of the most popular choices. In addition to physical fitness, from shining vest line, backhand touching navel, to basking in A4 waist, showing body has also become the driving force of fitness people. However, although the exercise is good, do not use too much force, otherwise it is easy to hurt the kidney by mistake.
Real cases tell you that excessive fitness “implicates” kidney
It is a common way to test physical fitness for women to be sent to the emergency room for squatting. It is not uncommon for women to enter the hospital due to excessive squatting. Miss Yang participated in the company’s Outward Bound training. She didn’t do much exercise at ordinary times, but in order to perform well, she did hundreds of squats at one go, which made her teammates and opponents marvel. However, for this honor, Miss Yang also paid a heavy price. The next day after exercise, she felt sore all over, and her urine color was like strong tea. She was rushed to the hospital by her family. Emergency laboratory tests found that her body creatine kinase exceeded the normal value by more than 1000 times. She was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis and rescued.
Guys push up out of renal failure, push up is the most common exercise of physical strength and endurance, fitness up to people do push up. The 23-year-old Mr. Chen and several friends PK push ups, initially agreed to do 80, but did not win or lose, “continue to compare.”. 15 minutes later, everyone lost one after another, leaving Mr. Chen alone to the end. At that time, Mr. Chen felt that his arm was a little sore. The next night, he began to feel sore. It was difficult to lift his arm, and the color of his urine became darker. Because of his busy work, he didn’t pay attention to it. On the fifth day, Mr. Chen found that his symptoms became more and more serious, his whole body was aching and weak, and his urine color was like soy sauce. After being sent to the hospital by ambulance, the doctor found that his kidney function had been damaged.
The above two cases belong to the non traumatic fatigue rhabdomyolysis caused by excessive exercise, which refers to a group of clinical syndromes of skeletal muscle injury, muscle cell dissolution and destruction, and release of skeletal muscle cell contents (such as enzymes, potassium, phosphorus, creatinine and myoglobin, etc.) into the blood circulation caused by various excessive exercise. In severe cases, acute renal failure is often complicated, even worse Multiple organ dysfunction occurred.
These symptoms indicate that the amount of exercise is excessive
Rhabdomyolysis is characterized by muscle involvement such as limb pain, tenderness, swelling and weakness after a large amount of exercise, as well as inflammatory reactions such as fever, general fatigue and increased proportion of leukocytes and neutrophils. Judging from the appearance of the patient’s urine: it was brown or soy sauce color urine. About 30% of the patients will have acute kidney injury. When the condition of kidney injury is severe, oliguria, urine and other manifestations of azotemia can be seen.
Therefore, it is suggested that after a lot of exercise, if you rest for more than 24 hours, you will not be relieved. On the contrary, your muscles will become more and more sore, you will feel more and more weak, and your urine will become darker and darker. You must go to the hospital immediately. It is likely to lead to acute renal failure due to the continuous progress of the disease. Acute renal failure caused by excessive exercise, timely to the hospital for treatment, most can fully recover, if there is no urine to see, it is too late, damaged renal function may not be reversed.
How to judge excessive exercise and what are the signs of rhabdomyolysis?
Symptom 1: after normal exercise is mild muscle soreness, press muscle will not have pain. If there are obvious muscle pain, soreness and pressing pain after exercise, we must be alert.
Symptom 2: after normal exercise, people will become refreshed after rest, while excessive exercise will make people weak and tired.
Symptom 3: normal urine is clear and slightly yellow. If urine is like strong tea or soy sauce, you need to be alert to rhabdomyolysis.
Keep these five points in mind
In the process of daily fitness and exercise, we can prevent “kidney” injury by grasping the following five points:
1. Exercise should be carried out step by step. It needs proper warm-up. Strenuous exercise and sudden exercise after a long period of inactivity are the most likely to cause injury.
2. Exercise according to one’s ability. There was no obvious fatigue, shortness of breath, chest tightness and other symptoms after rest. On the contrary, it means that you are exercising too much.
3. Protect the digestive system. Exercise at night should pay attention to the protection of gastrointestinal tract, exercise time and meal time should be at least an hour apart. After exercise, it is not suitable to drink a large amount of water immediately, but should adopt the method of “drinking less for many times”.
4. Manage chronic diseases. The trend of aging of chronic diseases is becoming more and more serious. Many young friends are busy with their work and don’t pay enough attention to their own physical condition. Patients with chronic nephritis, hypertension and diabetes need to check their laboratory tests regularly, and make their own exercise methods according to the laboratory conditions.
5. Pay attention to balanced nutrition. The way of nutrition supplement after exercise varies from person to person. Patients with chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, liver disease and kidney disease can not take a large amount of protein powder.
By Ren Jianwei and Gao Tongxin (Aviation General Hospital)